Oculus Rift

Christian Wohlschlager
Dear All !

I just got the brand new Oculus Rift DK2 , but i cant get it to work with slicer , stereo mode tracking is not working (as expected),
I saw in the internet that some work was allready done to make it work, can anybody tell me where i can find it.

thank you

christian

-- Johannes Kepler Universitaet
-- Christian Wohlschlager
-- Altenbergerstr.69
-- 4040 Linz Austria
-- Tel: +43 732 2468 8595

dispose of the e-mail.

Re: Oculus Rift

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin

Hi Christian,

This is great.

Here are some info i found searching my inbox:

A prototype integration has been done here:

http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/2014_Project_Week:ImmersiveVR https://github.com/franklinwk/OculusRiftIntegrator-Slicer

The work was done by patching vtkRenderWindow [1] and would need to be adapted to work with VTK6. Ideally, the vtkRenderWindow class should be updated to allow registering new Stereo mode.

See https://github.com/franklinwk/OculusRiftIntegrator-Slicer/blob/origin/OculusRiftIntegrator/Logic/vtkRenderWindow.cxx

Hth
Jc

Dear All !

I just got the brand new Oculus Rift DK2 , but i cant get it to work with slicer , stereo mode tracking is not working (as expected),
I saw in the internet that some work was allready done to make it work, can anybody tell me where i can find it.

thank you

christian

-- Johannes Kepler Universitaet
-- Christian Wohlschlager
-- Altenbergerstr.69
-- 4040 Linz Austria
-- Tel: <a href="tel:%2B43%20732%202468%208595" value="+4373224688595" target="_blank">+43 732 2468 8595

dispose of the e-mail.

dispose of the e-mail.

Re: Oculus Rift

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Christian -

We also got a DK2 for testing and from what I understand the interface is very different so the older code from Frankie's repository won't work directly.  If we get anything working we'll be glad to share it.  Probably the easier thing to do in the near term is export data from slicer to view in a rift-DK2-specific viewer program of some kind (probably built with Unity).  But longer term a custom interface would be really cool, but I think it's a lot of work and it's not clear if/when we would do this on our own.  Let us know if you make progress on this!

Best,
Steve

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

dispose of the e-mail.

Re: Oculus Rift

jayghaghada
Any new developments related to integration of rift and slicer?

Re: Oculus Rift

jayghaghada
Okay

On Thursday, June 16, 2016, jayghaghada [via slicer-devel] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any new developments related to integration of rift and slicer?

http://slicer-devel.65872.n3.nabble.com/Oculus-Rift-tp4032779p4036861.html
To unsubscribe from Oculus Rift, click here.
NAML