Extensions not available for nightly

lasso2

Hi all,

We often get complaints/questions about missing extensions because extensions for the nightly releases only appear in the extension manager in the afternoon.

Would it be possible to prioritize the nightly extension builds so that all the extensions are available by the time people start working (around 9am)?

If not, would it be possible to change the download links at http://download.slicer.org/ to point to yesterday’s packages/?

Andras

dispose of the e-mail.

Re: Extensions not available for nightly

Andrey Fedorov
Hi,

I agree with Andras.

Would it be possible to do what Andras suggested?

AF

dispose of the e-mail.

Re: Extensions not available for nightly

Andrey Fedorov
JC,

can you please comment on this topic?

This issue has come up again from a user in our community.

If this issue cannot be resolved, a disclaimer should be added to the Slicer download page, or as Andras suggested, download links should point to yesterday's binaries until the extension packages are ready.

AF

Re: Extensions not available for nightly

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Andrey -

Just FYI Jc is traveling and is offline for a bit.

I think in general yes, we should make sure the download page accurately sets expectations for the user community about how the system works and what to expect.  Plus any workarounds to deal with common situations should be flagged.

-Steve

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
JC,

can you please comment on this topic?

This issue has come up again from a user in our community.

If this issue cannot be resolved, a disclaimer should be added to the Slicer
download page, or as Andras suggested, download links should point to
yesterday's binaries until the extension packages are ready.

AF

dispose of the e-mail.

dispose of the e-mail.

Re: Extensions not available for nightly

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
Hi Folks,

This problem has been addressed.

It was similar to the issue presented in [1] that already occurred in the past. A similar quick around has been implemented (basically increasing the memory_limit associated with php)

Moving forward, I am thinking to implement a systematic removal of extension package associated with nightly build that are (1) older than a month and (2) not associated with any release.

Thanks
Jc

--
+1 919 869 8849

dispose of the e-mail.

Re: Extensions not available for nightly

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
Hi Folks,

I confirm it worked. Nightly packages are available again.

Jc

Screenshot from 2015-06-04 09:38:48.png (196K) Download Attachment

Re: Extensions not available for nightly

Andrey Fedorov
Thanks a lot JC, this is very very helpful.